angus_ominous
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Zenbook Pro Duo shuts down randomly
Model: Zenbook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: Yes

Especially when gaming, the Zenbook Pro Duo just suddenly shuts down. It shouldn't be because of overheating. Sometimes it happens just a few minutes after a game has been started. Anyone else have this problem? I've checked all my drivers and even tried downgrading some, but no change.
23 REPLIES 23

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
download this intel csme detection tool and just run it , after completed , take screenshoot, upload online stioarge , paste the link

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28632/Intel-Converged-Security-and-Management-Engine-Intel...

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
here is my laptop intel csme tool detect pic
VQVGHDU5ZQY6.jpg

JRPAC
Star I
I had very similar experience to Darktears31. I have a Vivo Book X509FA
Lid closed on laptop (as using an external monitor) lead to system randomly going into hibernate mode even though using the system.
Event viewer indicated:
General:
User-mode process attempted to change the system state by calling SetSuspendState or SetSystemPowerState APIs.
Details:
ApiCallerNameLength 141
ApiCallerName \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\asussci2.inf_amd64_87033250b5ee4e4b\ASUSOptimization\AsusOptimization.exe
SystemAction 3
LightestSystemState 2
Multiple "crashes" to hibernate and always the same reference to AsusOptimization.exe as the caller to go to hibernate
No luck trouble shooting with support from ASUS suggesting driver updates and Disabling IMEI.
I chanced upon an article which suggested overheating could be the issue. I ran HWMonitor utility which gives feedback on CPU / Core temps and sure enough with lid closed as my workload increased the temperature maxed out at 90+ degrees and the computer went into hibernate.
So appears cause is in fact hardware related i.e. laptop case design does not provide sufficient airflow to cool with the lid closed and causes overheating. AsusOptimization.exe is just doing its job of monitoring the system and detecting an overheat and shutting down, unfortunately there is no dialog box or text output to say this. So solution is use of a laptop cooling pad or as I do leaving the lid partially open (even though using an external monitor) to give better airflow.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II