This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook 14 UX433F - Updated to Windows, now the WiFi is gone and so are any on the USB ports...!

icemanwpg
Star I

I have a ZenBook 14 and the g/f tried to update it to Windows since it kept pushing to update it to such O/S.  And so, while downloading, installing, restarting, downloading, restarting a zillion times, the installation got to a point where the WiFi - Network adapter is nowhere to be seen and, can't even use any of the USB ports as the ZenBook won't detect anything that you would plug in.  Tried to reboot, tried a multitude of solution but in vain.

Any suggestion, beside dumping ASUS for not replying to my many msgs, emails and chat attempt, and go for a more reliable brand and dedicated support ?

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@icemanwpg
Based on your description of the situation, it may be caused by a system malfunction.
I recommend backing up your data, restoring the system, and then using it again.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Well... I can't backup ziltch as no USB port are in working order.  None !  Whatever you connect in any of the two USB ports, the system won't detect them at all.  Talk about an ASUS Notebook crapping on its user alright !! 🙄

@icemanwpg
We recommend removing the SSD and connecting it to another computer using an adapter to back up your data. 
If you are not familiar with this process, it is advisable to seek assistance from a friend who is more knowledgeable about computers. 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.