Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound problem after windows 23H2 update

sarvaddnya
Star I

Hey all,
Thanks for reading this.
SO the problem is no sound output after I had my windows updated to 23H2 in mid July. Everything was running fine but now there is no sound output. I contacted the support but all they told was to reinstall the OS which I dont want to do due to a lot of critical data in my PC.
There is a problem with INTEL SMART SOUND OED which needs to be fixed. Last asus intel driver was in 2023 and there is no asus INTEL SST driver for 2024. THe issue should be solved then.
But how do I fix it on my own because I dont think asus will release new drivers anytime soon.
The support was useless.
thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS

@sarvaddnya 
Could you please tell me the complete model name of the laptop you are using? 
Have you tried removing and reinstalling the audio driver to confirm the issue?
[Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting - Sound (Speakers/Microphones) problems

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

sarvaddnya
Star I

Sure, thanks for the revert
The model name is UX3402ZA
Serial Number - N7N0L**********
Yes I have tried removing and reinstalling the audio driver.

I will attach screenshot below for reference. Please help me with this as I dont want to reinstall entire windows again for my laptop. I think there needs to be a new driver update from asus itself. I tried to manually install the INTEL SST OED driver but it says windows encountered a problem. 
Request your support

@sarvaddnya 
Based on the image you provided, it appears that the chip driver is not installed properly, rather than the audio driver. 
We kindly request you to download the driver from our official download section and install the verified driver to see if the issue can be resolved. 
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ux3402za/helpdesk_download/
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Hey, 

I have already tried several times but still the issue isn't fixed. I have already mentioned this in my first post that the driver isnt working. Please check and provide some other solution.

Regards