System: Windows 11 Home 64 bit
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook 13 UX325EA
Frequency of occurrence: Most of the time
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description:
I've just tried using the supplied usb c to 3.5mm audio dongle for headphones for the first time. It's unusable- distorted sound, pops and clicks, then occasionally it works. Then back to distorted sound (and sometimes it sounds like the music is at a lower pitch). I've toggled between sources - Realtek speakers then back to dongle. Sometimes this cures it, albeit very briefly, and then it's back to more distorted noise. The internal speakers are working fine.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks,
Ian
14 REPLIES 14

Iand
Star I
Update:
I've just used the usb c to 3.5mm dongle on my Zenfone 8 and I get exactly the same problem as described above. Faulty dongle maybe?

Falcon_ASUS
Iand
  1. System: Windows 11 Home 64 bit
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Zenbook 13 UX325EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Most of the time
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video: N/A

========================

Detailed description:

I've just tried using the supplied usb c to 3.5mm audio dongle for headphones for the first time. It's unusable- distorted sound, pops and clicks, then occasionally it works. Then back to distorted sound (and sometimes it sounds like the music is at a lower pitch). I've toggled between sources - Realtek speakers then back to dongle. Sometimes this cures it, albeit very briefly, and then it's back to more distorted noise. The internal speakers are working fine.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Ian

Problem with USB C audio
@Iand
Could you please provide me with a photo of the supplied usb c to 3.5mm audio dongle for reference?
Thank you.

Iand
Star I
Photo attached.

Falcon_ASUS
Iand

Photo attached.

p-20220905-073038.jpg

View post
@Iand
Please kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1.What is the BIOS, system and audio card driver version you are currently using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running?2.What is the model of the headphones you are connecting to?
3.Does the problem still exist if you change other headphones?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.