This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only the right side of my numeric touchpad is working

sonford24
Star I
The touchpad numpad works, in that I can turn it on, it lights up, I can swipe to open the calculator. The three keys on the far right of the pad work (that is backspace, % and = ) but none of the others do anything. I have tried in the calculator, in Excel and in Word.
I have read the support article, about checking the BIOS etc. I have no idea about BIOS or making changes in it, so before I even attempt what it says to do, can you tell me if you think that will work, or if it is a physical problem with the touchpad itself.
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
sonford24

I have updated the BIOS as suggested, and it is now at UX363EA.322 22/07/2022

The issue remains unchanged - only the far right hand keys of numpad work, and not very well. The other keys either do nothing, or behave as if I were using the touchpad as a mouse.

Also, I connected an external keyboard, and discovered that the number pad on that does not work either.

Does this help point to any other fix I could try?

Thanks again!

View post
@sonford24
If the external keyboard does not work normally either, it may be caused by a system error.
It is recommended that you back up your data and restore the system.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...