This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only the right side of my numeric touchpad is working

sonford24
Star I
The touchpad numpad works, in that I can turn it on, it lights up, I can swipe to open the calculator. The three keys on the far right of the pad work (that is backspace, % and = ) but none of the others do anything. I have tried in the calculator, in Excel and in Word.
I have read the support article, about checking the BIOS etc. I have no idea about BIOS or making changes in it, so before I even attempt what it says to do, can you tell me if you think that will work, or if it is a physical problem with the touchpad itself.
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
sonford24

The touchpad numpad works, in that I can turn it on, it lights up, I can swipe to open the calculator. The three keys on the far right of the pad work (that is backspace, % and = ) but none of the others do anything. I have tried in the calculator, in Excel and in Word.

I have read the support article, about checking the BIOS etc. I have no idea about BIOS or making changes in it, so before I even attempt what it says to do, can you tell me if you think that will work, or if it is a physical problem with the touchpad itself.

Thank you.

only the right side of my numeric touchpad is working
@sonford24
Could you please tell me the full model name of the laptop you are using?
What is the BIOS and system version you are currently using?
[Notebook/AIO] How to update BIOS in Windows | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running? - Microsoft SupportThank you.

sonford24
Star I
Hi. And thank you for trying to help. It is a Zenbook UX363EA and Windows 11 Home, 64 bit.
In my system information, it says the BIOS version is UX363EA.318 13/10/2021

Falcon_ASUS
sonford24

Hi. And thank you for trying to help. It is a Zenbook UX363EA and Windows 11 Home, 64 bit.

In my system information, it says the BIOS version is UX363EA.318 13/10/2021

View post
@sonford24
The BIOS version you are using is not up to date.
Please refer to the following FAQ to update the BIOS and related drivers to the latest.
[Notebook/AIO] How to update BIOS in Windows | Official Support | ASUS Global[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to search and download Drivers, Utilities, BIOS, and User Manuals | Offic...Thank you.

sonford24
Star I
I have updated the BIOS as suggested, and it is now at UX363EA.322 22/07/2022
The issue remains unchanged - only the far right hand keys of numpad work, and not very well. The other keys either do nothing, or behave as if I were using the touchpad as a mouse.
Also, I connected an external keyboard, and discovered that the number pad on that does not work either.
Does this help point to any other fix I could try?
Thanks again!