cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can screen off but no standby?

Daddino
Star II

hi everyone,

on my Zenbook 2024 with Windows 11, I've set 10 minutes delay to turn off display and 30 minutes for standby (when charging, as it always is).

my problem is that when after 10 minutes the "screen goes off" so do the fans, and moving the mouse or the trackpad is not enough to switch it back on...

when i finally CLICK something, it comes back to life but in the annoying login screen. and when i at last get to the desktop i always find out that the computer was actually sleeping.. the downloads stopped (and failed) and so on...

Now, this is incredibly annoying. is there any way to fix this BUG? (i call it BUG because i hope it is one... if this is done willingly i may think i made a mistake buying this laptop...)

thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@Daddino
If you want to download files without interruptions, we recommend setting the sleep settings of your storage device to "never sleep."

Thanks for your answer. I would like "turn my screen off after...." to just turn off my screen and not do any other weird stuff... is it possible? I didn't really use windows 10 that much, but in Windows 7 and XP, that setting literally only turned off the screen...

@Daddino 
I would recommend referring to the following FAQ information to choose the desired method of use. 
Thank you.
[Windows 11/10] Three ways to turn computer off - Shut down , Sleep, and Hibernate

Thank you, I've checked that page, but they don't mention anything about monitor sleep mode...