01-04-2023 03:04 AM
01-04-2023 06:19 PM
- System: Vivobook Pro 15
- Battery or AC: Both
- Model: M6500QC
- Frequency of occurrence: Always
- Reset OS:
- Screenshot or video:
I've recently purchased this laptop and I've installed Windows 11 on it. Everything is working fine except this static noise issue through headphones. It only occurs when the audio is played or a notification with a sound pops-up. When the laptop is idle, there is no static noise.
I've tried several headphones and all of them have this issue. When playing audio though speakers, everything is working fine.
I've searched for various solutions online but unfortunately it didn't work.
I've also updated bios to version 308 and realtek driver to 6.0.9441.1
Static noise whenever the sound is played on headphones only
01-04-2023 11:18 PM
Falcon_ASUSThank you for the reply.
Please kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Do you use 3.5 or usb/type-c headphones?
2. Will there be a static noise when not playing music?
3. If the volume is adjusted to 0% or the volume is muted, will there still be a static noise?
01-05-2023 05:32 PM
Thank you for the reply.
1. Do you use 3.5 or usb/type-c headphones? I use 3.5
2. Will there be a static noise when not playing music? No. Also, when I close a browser tab with a video or whenever a Windows notification with a sound disappears, the noise also stops after 5 seconds.
3. If the volume is adjusted to 0% or the volume is muted, will there still be a static noise? Yes
I've just tried to use using Linux live CD and the behavior is exactly the same. So I guess the problem is with the 3.5mm port.