System: Vivobook Pro 15
Battery or AC: Both
Model: M6500QC
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I've recently purchased this laptop and I've installed Windows 11 on it. Everything is working fine except this static noise issue through headphones. It only occurs when the audio is played or a notification with a sound pops-up. When the laptop is idle, there is no static noise.
I've tried several headphones and all of them have this issue. When playing audio though speakers, everything is working fine.
I've searched for various solutions online but unfortunately it didn't work.
I've also updated bios to version 308 and realtek driver to 6.0.9441.1
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
Linder123
  1. System: Vivobook Pro 15
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: M6500QC
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I've recently purchased this laptop and I've installed Windows 11 on it. Everything is working fine except this static noise issue through headphones. It only occurs when the audio is played or a notification with a sound pops-up. When the laptop is idle, there is no static noise.

I've tried several headphones and all of them have this issue. When playing audio though speakers, everything is working fine.

I've searched for various solutions online but unfortunately it didn't work.

I've also updated bios to version 308 and realtek driver to 6.0.9441.1

Static noise whenever the sound is played on headphones only
@Linder123
Please kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Do you use 3.5 or usb/type-c headphones?
2. Will there be a static noise when not playing music?
3. If the volume is adjusted to 0% or the volume is muted, will there still be a static noise?
Thank you.

Linder123
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/67511/static-noise-whenever-the-sound-is-played-on-headphones...

@Linder123

Please kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Do you use 3.5 or usb/type-c headphones?

2. Will there be a static noise when not playing music?

3. If the volume is adjusted to 0% or the volume is muted, will there still be a static noise?

Thank you.

View post
Thank you for the reply.
1. Do you use 3.5 or usb/type-c headphones? I use 3.5
2. Will there be a static noise when not playing music? No. Also, when I close a browser tab with a video or whenever a Windows notification with a sound disappears, the noise also stops after 5 seconds.
3. If the volume is adjusted to 0% or the volume is muted, will there still be a static noise? Yes

Edit:
I've just tried to use using Linux live CD and the behavior is exactly the same. So I guess the problem is with the 3.5mm port.

Falcon_ASUS
Linder123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243904#Comment_243904

Thank you for the reply.

1. Do you use 3.5 or usb/type-c headphones? I use 3.5

2. Will there be a static noise when not playing music? No. Also, when I close a browser tab with a video or whenever a Windows notification with a sound disappears, the noise also stops after 5 seconds.

3. If the volume is adjusted to 0% or the volume is muted, will there still be a static noise? Yes

Edit:

I've just tried to use using Linux live CD and the behavior is exactly the same. So I guess the problem is with the 3.5mm port.

View post
@Linder123
If you just bought a laptop recently, you have tried using different operating systems, but the same problem occurs, so it is possible that there is a problem with the 3.5 audio jack. Perhaps you can consider reporting with the dealer to confirm whether it is possible to return or exchange the product. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.