This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM

D_IMAN
Rising Star II
I used the laptop for a long time at 40% brightness (and OLED Flicker Free Dimming 100%), while not experiencing problems from PWM.
Less than a week ago, MyASUS was updated (to version 3.1.13.0) and ASUS System Control Interface v3 (to version 3.1.10.0)
Now at 40% brightness (and OLED Flicker Free Dimming 100%), I feel discomfort from PWM...
I tried setting brightness to 60% and OLED Flicker Free Dimming to 80%
The situation has improved, but I still experience discomfort from PWM ...
I tried uninstalling the video drivers from Intel and installing the previous version V30.0.100.9929 - It did not help.
I tried to reinstall the version of ASUS System Control Interface v3 to version V3.1.8.0 - it did not help because as soon as I opened MyASUS, the version was immediately updated to the current one.
Resetting Windows didn't help either.
What else can be done?

A laptop:
Vivobook Pro 14X OLED (N7400\X7400PC)
OS Windows 11 22H2 (22621.963)
BIOS version 301
MyASUS 3.1.13.0
ASUS System Control Interface v3 3.1.10.0

14 REPLIES 14

Falcon_ASUS
D_IMAN

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243177#Comment_243177

The service center said there was a problem with the drivers, referring to the fact that the developers should fix the drivers.

View post
@D_IMAN
Could you please provide a video for me to confirm?
Please alos provide the version of the graphics card driver you are currently using.
Thank you.

D_IMAN
Rising Star II
How to record such a video?

Please alos provide the version of the graphics card driver you are currently using.
NVIDIA:  V27.21.14.6660
INTEL: V30.0.101.3111

Falcon_ASUS
D_IMAN

How to record such a video?

NVIDIA:  V27.21.14.6660

INTEL: V30.0.101.3111

View post
@D_IMAN
You can record the problem through your mobile phone or other video recording devices and provide it to me for confirmation. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

D_IMAN
Rising Star II
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243301#Comment_243301

@D_IMAN

You can record the problem through your mobile phone or other video recording devices and provide it to me for confirmation. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
A couple of days ago, I installed the intel graphics command center beta control panel from the Microsoft Store, instead of the regular intel panel (the release one).

After installation \ configuration, PWM is practically gone !!!
(Or is it minimal)
So far I have no problems with my eyes, and again use the brightness at 40% and OLED Flicker Free Dimming at 100%

If there are any changes, I will try to record a video and let you know!

Anawilliam850
Star III
It's possible that the issue you are experiencing with discomfort from PWM may be due to a bug or issue with the latest version of MyASUS or the ASUS System Control Interface. It's also possible that there may be a problem with the video drivers or the display itself.
Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:
Try rolling back the video drivers to an earlier version. You can do this by going to the Device Manager, expanding the "Display Adapters" section, right-clicking on your display adapter, and selecting "Properties." From there, you can go to the "Driver" tab and click "Roll Back Driver."
Check for updates to the MyASUS and ASUS System Control Interface software. It's possible that a newer version may have been released that fixes the issue you are experiencing.
Try adjusting the display settings in the Windows Control Panel. You can do this by going to "Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution" and then trying different settings for the "Brightness" and "Color" options.
Check for any updates to the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) of your laptop. The BIOS controls the low-level functions of your computer, including the display. Updating the BIOS to the latest version may resolve the issue.