This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to 5GHz band on router

exodotro
Star I
System: Windows 11 Home 21H it says up to date)
Battery or AC: Both
Model: VivoBook OLED X1503ZA-L1197W
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No (just bought laptop today, windows preinstalled)
Screenshot or video: It says "Unable to connect to this network"
========================
Detailed description:So i just bought the laptop today and can't connect to the 5GHz band on my router Asus RT-AC53. even if put the password wrong I still get the same error. I can connect to the 2.4 GHz router band and I can connect to a 5GHz hotspot from the phone. Also other devices such as my phone or TV can connect to 5GHz band from router. I installed the network drivers from Asus website. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
exodotro
  1. System: Windows 11 Home 21H it says up to date)
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: VivoBook OLED X1503ZA-L1197W
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: No (just bought laptop today, windows preinstalled)
  6. Screenshot or video: It says "Unable to connect to this network"

========================

Detailed description:So i just bought the laptop today and can't connect to the 5GHz band on my router Asus RT-AC53. even if put the password wrong I still get the same error. I can connect to the 2.4 GHz router band and I can connect to a 5GHz hotspot from the phone. Also other devices such as my phone or TV can connect to 5GHz band from router. I installed the network drivers from Asus website. Any ideas?

Problem connecting to 5GHz band on router
@exodotro
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - Wireless Network Problems | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIn addition, please make sure that the password you entered is correct.
Thank you.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.