This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus zenbook pro duo 15 ux582zm thunderbolt 3

Xamer007
Star I
I ask for help in finding a solution to the problem of connecting an external Samsung LS34A650UBIXCI monitor to an asus zenbook pro duo 15 ux582zm laptop.

The essence of the problem is as follows: when connecting via thunderbolt, the image is not displayed on the monitor, although a cable Internet connection appears immediately, etc. The message appears:
Display connection may be limited
Make sure the DisplayPort device you are connecting to is supported by your computer.
Moreover, my wife’s laptop Asus zenbook Ux435e, when the cable was connected, everything started right away! Image, Internet, etc.
40 REPLIES 40

FongPoui
Rising Star II

Your zenbook has 2x Thunderbolt(TM) 4 supports display 1x HDMI 2.1 FRL.

If your Samsung monitor support HDMI, did you try it?

If the problem persists, you can check the software update for your monitor. Another solution is to upgrade the firmware of your monitor by visiting Samsung.com and search for your monitor model. 

By using the serial number or model of your monitor, you can find its drivers or firmware update. The firmware update is very important. 
At your place, I would try first the connect via HDMI. Your zenbook supports HDMI 2.1 FRL (Fix rate link), the lastest HDMI connection. If the connection is OK, it confirms you the problem must come from your monitor drivers or firmware update. 

The tech specifications below: 
1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A

2x Thunderbolt™ 4 supports display
1x HDMI 2.1 FRL
1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack
1x DC-in

Thanks for the advice.
Everything works fine via HDMI.

The firmware on the monitor has been updated.

I accidentally marked your answer. For now the problem remains. I need the laptop to be connected via USB-C

@Xamer007
May I inquire if the situation persists when using different cables? Additionally, please provide the brand, model, and images of the cables you are using, as well as the connections between the cables and external devices (pictures), for further verification. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.