This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 15" VivoBook OLED K3502Z Sleep mode and Wake event warnings

FrankW
Star II

I am getting Win32k event warnings each time the laptop enters Sleep mode either by the Power setting or manually, and on Wake after pressing a key. I tried different sleep and wake settings, even disabled sleep, but it seems to ignore all power settings, possibly controlled by BIOS. These warnings are harmless but annoying for a brand new top of the line business laptop.

This Win32K Power error is an old Windows10 relic that I have not seen in Windows11 with other brand laptops. The event warning ID is 700 on Sleep and 701 on Wake ((INPUT_SUPPRESS_REQUEST=1 or 0). I attach the details of the Sleep 700 event. Any suggestions welcome.

18 REPLIES 18

@FrankW
After confirming with Microsoft, they have stated that this is a normal phenomenon and there is no need to be concerned.
You can refer to the following for more information.
Event ID 700 — Task Scheduler Backward Compatible Module Status
Event ID 701 — Task Scheduler Backward Compatible Module Status

If you still have doubts or concerns, we recommend that you directly contact Microsoft for further assistance.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Yes, I know that Windows Event warnings can be safely ignored, I don't get them anymore since I disabled these Asus services (see my previous post) but most, if not all MyAsus apps are still working OK.

Thanks for your help.

FrankW
Star II

I turned the disabled Asus services back to Automatic start, so everything is in the original state and the MyAsus apps are all functional again. I changed some advanced power settings and don't close the lid after I pressed the Power Button to go in Sleep mode as that still causes the warnings. When the laptop turns off the screen or goes into sleep mode on schedule, I can close the lid without getting warnings. Both closing the lid and opening the lid are set to do nothing.

The problem with this Sleep mode issue I was having is that my laptop does not have an integrated Sleep mode function key like other laptops, The Windows11 Power Button alternative functions are not fool proof and there are issues with hibernate in Windows11. Also when in hibernation there is no LED on so you can't tell if the laptop is shut down or in hibernation. I decided to disable hibernation.

I am now satisfied with this status: When I want to close the lid I either wait till it goes in sleep mode or I completely shut down the laptop.😀

FrankW
Star II

I found the solution to the Event warning 700/701. This is caused by "InputSuppression" a power setting in the Windows11 registry. When disabled the problem is gone:

To check whether input suppression is enabled:
reg query HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v EnableInputSuppression
0x1 = enabled (default), 0x0 = disabled

To enable it:
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v EnableInputSuppression /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
Reboot for changes to apply.

To disable it:
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v EnableInputSuppression /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Reboot for changes to apply.