This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K3502ZA Modern Standby

FrankW
Star II

Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160 MHz adapter: No Power Management present anymore in Modern Standby.
I read on the internet of a new Intel WIFI driver version 22.20.0 that enables Power Management.
my Intel WIFI driver is 22.110.0.2 from 2021, why is this not yet updated by MyAsus app?
I cannot control Power savings or "Wake on Lan" for my WIFI adapter, not available in BIOS or Windows11 (Device Manager) older ASUS UEFI includes a PAM setting but not for VivoBook 2023.
I am getting daily many Intel warnings 6062 in Even Viewer Netwtw10 when the laptop goes to sleep mode or wakes up and/or when I plug or unplug the charger. Microsoft recommends overriding Modern Standby and switch to Legacy S3 mode (W10) in the registry with this command:
reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0
Revert to Modern Standby (S0 Low Power idle):
reg delete "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power" /v PlatformAoAcOverride /f
Eleven forum offers commands to disable S0 for networking on battery (another 2 commands for plugged-in): powercfg /setdcvalueindex scheme_current sub_none F15576E8-98B7-4186-B944-EAFA664402D9 0​ or POWERCFG -SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONNECTIVITYINSTANDBY 0

I have not tried this yet as I enabled Sleep on WLAN in Advanced Intel adapter (see attached) to see if that helps. Any comments on this topic would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@FrankW
Since we are a laptop manufacturer, drivers for our laptops must undergo testing and validation before they are released.
Therefore, we may not provide driver updates as quickly as chip manufacturers do.
Regarding your feedback, I have provided it to the relevant department for confirmation.
If there are any updates on the progress, I will promptly get back to you.
Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Falcon_ASUS

@FrankW
Since we are a laptop manufacturer, drivers for our laptops must undergo testing and validation before they are released.
Therefore, we may not provide driver updates as quickly as chip manufacturers do.
Regarding your feedback, I have provided it to the relevant department for confirmation.
If there are any updates on the progress, I will promptly get back to you.
Thank you.

My Modern Standby issue was resolved with the registry/commands in my post above. The Netwtw10 warnings are caused by Intel's Wlan settings and my new Evoluzn FX-PR4L mobile modem with a Smartbro LTE-A prepaid SIM card. My 15-year-old Alcatel Y-800 LTE mobile worked fine with this Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160 MHz adapter but is outdated and too slow. 
Look forward to the new Intel Wi-Fi driver.
Kind regards
FrankW

@FrankW
After confirming with the technical department, we regret to inform you that the model you are using does not support WOL.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Hi Falcon_Asus,
I keep getting these old requests (see below), that was not an ASUS app issue but caused by Edge updater, matter is resolved please close the ticket. On the WOL setting in Asus BIOS: That was my point, my laptop model is fixed to "S0 Modern Standby" meaning in sleep mode my network adapter keeps running, draining the battery. I fixed that too by disabling Modern Standby for the WIFI adapter (see my post above). 

Subject: Re: K3502ZA 15" OLED Audit Failure 4625 about logon
Date: 09-19-2023 12:48 AM

Hi, sorry to bother you again.
The technical department has indicated that the issue you've reported requires additional information to be gathered through the following tool.
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/67ACFB9A105C4B42BBF0A0F983F1B9D24 
Please run the program and upload the generated file to cloud storage, then provide us with the cloud link. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.