This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My laptop sleeps for no reason

PoojaWarhekar
Star I

I have an ASUS Vivobook 15 X515. My laptop goes into sleep mode while working on it. Following are the two sample instances:

1. While watching a series on the laptop it went to sleep. It was connected to a monitor. Nothing was working in the background.

2. While a time taking MATLAB simulation was going on in the background, I was working on some other tab. It would automatically go to sleep.

If I press the power button to wake it up, the simulation will be going in the background or the Google tab will be open and the video will be paused.

I am not able to figure out the cause.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@PoojaWarhekar 
Could you please tell me the full model name of the laptop you are using? Also please refer to the following.

1. Check power and sleep settings. Go into the power and sleep settings and check if the power and sleep modes are properly configured. You can adjust the settings to avoid the computer from entering sleep mode during use.

2. Check power management settings. Go into power options and make sure your settings are set to "high performance" mode rather than power-saving mode. Additionally, you can adjust the settings to prevent the computer from entering sleep mode during use.

3. Update drivers. Update your laptop drivers, especially display and sleep mode drivers, as this may help resolve the issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

How to find Model Name 
[Windows 11/10] Change Power mode and plan 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.