This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus TUF a15 (2022) memory upgrade problem

orfeaskar
Star II

About two months ago, I upgraded my memory on my Asus TUF a15 (2022) laptop to a Kingston brand that is listed as compatible (from 16 GB to 32 GB). Everything was working great until today. I restarted the laptop (for no specific reason) and it would not even boot (show Asus Logo and provide the opportunity to enter BIOS). However, the power led was on. I followed instructions on your support site, and had to resort to removing the new RAM and reinstalling the old RAM.

The new RAM does not look burnt or smell weird. Is there a way around this?

4 REPLIES 4

orfeaskar
Star II

I need to add that I did not realize I could remove the absorbers from the previous RAM and stick it to the new RAM. Is it possible they were fried because of this?

@orfeaskar 
May I know the complete model number of the laptop you are using?
How to find Model Name
If you replace the memory back to the original , does the laptop boot up normally?
If even after reverting to the original memory, the laptop still fails to boot, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center for further confirmation.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

orfeaskar
Star II

The complete model number is:  ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507RM.
Yes I replaced the original memory and it works fine.

@orfeaskar
Your laptop has two memory slots, and a single slot supports a maximum of 16GB. 
In total, the laptop can be upgraded to 32GB of memory DDR5(4800MHz). 

Based on the information you provided, if the laptop was working fine for nearly two months after upgrading the memory, it is unlikely to be a compatibility issue. However, if the laptop is currently not functioning properly and reverting to the original memory allows it to work normally, it is possible that there may be a fault with the replacement memory. I would suggest contacting the memory manufacturer to inquire about warranty coverage or possible assistance with replacement. Thank you.