This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting buzzing sound from Asus vivobook 16x

AstralSequeira
Visitor

I bought Asus vivobook 16x laptop with ryzen 5600H processor and Radeon vega 7 integrated graphics. I can hear a buzzing sound it's not from the cooling fan nor from the speaker. Since it was in the warranty I took it to the service centre the engineer replaced the motherboard. He told it's common. But I checked the other laptop of same series they don't have that sound. How is it possible?? Is it a manufacturing defect??

1 REPLY 1

esther598
Star I

Hello,

I understand how frustrating it can be to deal with unexpected noises from your laptop. Let’s explore a few possibilities for the buzzing sound you’re experiencing:

Audio Drivers: Sometimes outdated or incompatible audio drivers can cause strange noises. Even if you’ve updated them, consider reinstalling the audio drivers. You can find the latest drivers on the Asus website for your specific laptop model1.
Hard Drive Issues: A failing hard drive can emit buzzing or clicking sounds. If you suspect this, consider checking the health of your hard drive. You might need to replace it if it’s damaged or failing.
Fan Noise: While you mentioned it’s not from the cooling fan, it’s still worth checking. Loose screws or cables can cause vibrations and create buzzing sounds. Make sure all components are securely in place.
Overheating Components: Overheated components (like the CPU or GPU) can cause the cooling fan to spin faster, resulting in buzzing noises. Ensure your laptop isn’t overheating during heavy usage.
Other Hardware Issues: It’s possible that other components (such as the motherboard or power supply) are causing the noise. Since you’ve already replaced the motherboard, this might not be the case, but it’s worth considering.

Best Regards

esther598