This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download the driver for ACPI\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0201?

akmtsshun
Star I

I'm using ProArt 13 (HN7306WV).  After wiping the SSD and re-installing Windows 11 and all the drivers, I noticed that there's is an unknown device in the Device Manager with the ID ACPI\VEN_MSFT&DEV_0201.  It looks like that it is related to the TPM module.  Do you have any idea about where I can download the driver for it?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@akmtsshun 
For the reported issue, we recommend referring to the following FAQ for guidance.
[Notebook] Operating System Compatibility for Models Equipped with NPU
If the operating system you installed on your own is below Windows 11 24H2, you will see an Unknown device in the Device Manager, and this cannot be resolved by updating the driver.

According to the information, Microsoft is expected to release version 24H2 in November. 
In the short term, we recommend that you continue using the system we provided. 
Once Microsoft releases the new system version, you may consider downloading the new ISO and reinstalling the system.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

akmtsshun
Star I

The operating system is Windows 11 23H2, not 24H2.  Besides, I also noticed that there's an exclamation mark on the USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller under the Device Manager.  Do you have any idea about this too? 

@akmtsshun 
You might have misunderstood. 
Your issue is likely due to installing the system from an image file downloaded from the Microsoft website.
Since your laptop is an AI laptop, its NPU and peripheral hardware drivers require version 24H2 or higher to function properly. Therefore, if your system version is below 24H2, you may encounter issues with drivers not starting correctly. 
We recommend that, in the short term, you use the operating system that came pre-installed with your laptop. Once Microsoft releases the 24H2 system version on their website, you can then install the updated system for use.