This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ASUS Story Cube Reprocessing Media After App Restart

azbgz
Visitor

I've recently started using the ASUS Story Cube app for managing my media files, and while the app's AI features are promising, I've encountered a frustrating issue. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and if there’s a workaround or fix available.

When I first load the app and import my media, it takes a while to process everything—identifying faces, scenes, etc. This initial processing time is expected, given the size of my media library. However, the problem arises when I close the app and reopen it later.

Each time I reopen the app, it appears to restart the entire processing from scratch. The app opens up empty, as if none of the media has been processed, and it begins re-identifying faces and scenes all over again. However, after several hours, it eventually returns to where I left off, including remembering the names of people I had tagged.

This behavior is quite inconvenient, as it makes the app seem unreliable and time-consuming whenever I want to continue working with my media. Has anyone else faced this issue? Is there a way to ensure that the app retains its progress without having to reprocess everything each time it’s reopened?

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@azbgz
May I know the specific model of the laptop you are using? 
[Windows 11/10] How to check the model name and BIOS version
Could you please provide a video of the issue you are experiencing for me to review? 
Additionally, please provide the current BIOS version, system version(operating system build numbers), and app version you are using.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.