This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to logout from Google account before the factory reset?

zenphone3max
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 3 max
Firmware Version:US_15.14.1810.14_20181122
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello Support,
I need to do a factory reset for it properly recognize the external SD card, as it keep saying that memory is low and also causing the phone keep most installed APPs in conservative state (I guess!)
Questions:-
What is your recommended method to accomplish above mention task? Factory Reset or System Reset?
After system backup and other APPs backup, do I need to logout from Google Services before doing the reset?
Would all my settings including WiFi passwords be reinstalled?
Assume that everything goes well in the process of Reset, would all Google Services setting be reinstalled?
Please reply with step by step instructions as I longer finding this information in my ZenTalk account, all old posts have been wiped.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
zenphone3max

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 3 max
  2. Firmware Version:US_15.14.1810.14_20181122
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello Support,

I need to do a factory reset for it properly recognize the external SD card, as it keep saying that memory is low and also causing the phone keep most installed APPs in conservative state (I guess!)

Questions:-

1. What is your recommended method to accomplish above mention task? Factory Reset or System Reset?
  2. After system backup and other APPs backup, do I need to logout from Google Services before doing the reset?
  3. Would all my settings including WiFi passwords be reinstalled?
  4. Assume that everything goes well in the process of Reset, would all Google Services setting be reinstalled?

Please reply with step by step instructions as I longer finding this information in my ZenTalk account, all old posts have been wiped.

Thanks

Do I have to logout from Google account before the factory reset?
@zenphone3max
Contacts and installed app data, if the google account has been synchronized, it will generally be stored in the google cloud data.
Before the system is restored, you don’t need to log out of your account. During the restoration, the system will ask you if you want to clear it. Settings and WIFI password will not be memorized.
After the system is reinstalled, log in to the account and connect to the Internet, and it will detect whether the system and app need to be updated.
[Phone] How to back up the data stored in your phone ? | Official Support | ASUS GlobalThank you.

zenphone3max
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51853/do-i-have-to-logout-from-google-account-before-the-fact...

@zenphone3max

Contacts and installed app data, if the google account has been synchronized, it will generally be stored in the google cloud data.

Before the system is restored, you don’t need to log out of your account. During the restoration, the system will ask you if you want to clear it. Settings and WIFI password will not be memorized.

After the system is reinstalled, log in to the account and connect to the Internet, and it will detect whether the system and app need to be updated.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036182/

Thank you.

View post
@Falcon_ASUS ,
Thank you for the reply, is there a way to save all wifi password before the "reinstall" process?

Falcon_ASUS
zenphone3max

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182286#Comment_182286

@Falcon_ASUS ,

Thank you for the reply, is there a way to save all wifi password before the "reinstall" process?

View post
@zenphone3max
Normally, google will also back up your wifi password.
But just to be on the safe side. We still suggest to record the WIFI password separately to avoid loss.
Thank you.