This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Mesh question

itisonlyme
Star I

I have a (1)  Tuf AX6000 and (2)  Asus RT-AC86U  .  I also have 2 separate Internet Connections 1 coming into lounge and other into adjacent Room.     My question is , I want a WIRELESS Mesh set up as there are other rooms above I wan to get coverage , and wonder HOW I can best do that ?. Of course I could connect both separately via Ethernet, but then I want to have 1 act as Main Router and other as Node .    So can I do that with them both connected to separate Internet connections, or is better just have 1 connected to Ethernet (one internet connection) and then use other Router simply as Wireless Node ?.

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @itisonlyme ,

The TUF AX6000 and RT-AC86U both support AiMesh, which means you can set up one of them as the main router and the other as AiMesh node. 

By connecting multiple compatible ASUS extendable routers, you can create a whole-home WiFi mesh network. 

This exclusive AiMesh technology offers flexibility and expandability, allowing you to mix multiple different extendable routers and add routers at any time to improve whole-home coverage.

Before setting up, please ensure that the firmware of the routers has been updated to the latest version. 

For detailed setup steps, please refer to the FAQ below. 

[AiMesh] How to setup AiMesh system (Web GUI)? | Official Support | ROG Global (asus.com)

Thank you.

Hello,  Noted thanks, But can I have the NODE Router also connected to the Ethernet as Well as Wireless ?.  The Main Router will be connected to Ethernet and I intend connecting it to NODE Wirelessly, but also since I have separate Internet connection in same room as NODE ,can I also connect NODE to that Ethernet ?.  I also want to be able to access the Internet Logs on the NODE, do I do that via the Main Router Management page ?.