This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed at router (RT-AX88U Pro) is as expected, speed at all computers and phones is slow

WeyldFalcon
Star I
  1. My router (RT-AX88U Pro) clocks my internet connection speed at around 1.4Gbps
  2. My 2 wired desktops and my laptop clock around .45Gbps
  3. My cell phone on wifi clocks around .62Gbps (not surprising)
  4. I have 1G NICs on all my hardware except my main computer which is a 2.5G
  5. I am using Cat6 cable
  6. I turned off QoS
  7. I am running Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_33308
  8. If I run speed test on 3 systems (2 desktops and phone) I can get the Download Bandwidth monitor to jump up to 1.4Gbps but not on a single machine.
  9. What could be causing this throttling?
  10. Follow-up question why are my wired machines getting slower downloads than my wireless cellphone?
16 REPLIES 16

When you do a hard reset do you save your settings so you can apply them back or can the settings cause the same issue?

Well that was exciting, tried applying 3 different firmware versions and the 3rd one bricked my router. I can't even get it back with reset button.

I'm very sorry to read this.  Please try the Firmware Restoration Utility that's appropriate for your computer:

https://www.asus.com/us/networking-iot-servers/wifi-routers/asus-gaming-routers/rt-ax88u-pro/helpdes...

how does it know where to send the firmware file to? when it is bricked there is no ip address.