This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Asus Vivobook S 14 Flip turns off when flipped (and correct use of flip mode)

waj1990
Visitor

So I got this device two days ago.. I charged it fully then tried to explore it..

I use it on table in flipped mode (keyboard on table, screen on front).. it turned off after few seconds.. tried to replicate the problem and I can't.. but eventually in the first and second day it turned off multiple times.. can't pinpoint the problem..

the tables I used had super little, micro (seemingly super not problematic)... (((Indentation)))

I made a test: I put the laptop same mode on a wooden table, put some cotton under specifically the power button on the keyboard.. waited 10 seconds and it turned off..

and without the cotton, it never turns off..

so apparently the problem is that the power button get pressed some times .. and that is the source of the problem.

The question, is that some fault in the sensor? is that normal and expected? 

Please understand my concern as I just paid for this device and I really need to know if there is a chance I have a faulty device the I need to be worried about.

I will contact the reseller, but I need to know what to tell him (assume this is faulty and needs check, or assume this is normal but just needs confirmation)

1 REPLY 1

waj1990
Visitor

Any replies, please?