cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-AX55U Deauthorization Issue firmware 3.0.0.4.386_52041

Vozz
Star I

Hey everyone,

Ever since the recent update on the firmware of my RT-AX55U mesh network I’ve been experiencing massive deauth issues on the 2.4 band. Particularly to my doorbell and some smart switches. My doorbell history and router log shows the deauth occurs within hours of updating. Given the firmware before that (3.0.0.4.386_51948) has a note of “Fixed vulnerability in command injection after authentication” I’m thinking it’s likely related. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Vozz ,

based on internal investigation and analysis results, it has been confirmed that this security vulnerability requires authentication to confirm that the attacker is the router administrator before an attack can be launched.
We have already fixed this security vulnerability and released official firmware on our website. Please download the latest official firmware from the link below and update it to avoid this issue.
[Wireless Router] How to update the firmware of your router to the latest version ? (WebGUI) 
To prevent any attacks from the internet, we strongly recommend users to regularly update their router firmware and use complex passwords to enhance security.
For more router security settings, please refer to this FAQ to strengthen your router's security and avoid attacks from the internet. Thank you.
[Wireless] How to make my router more secure? 

After you update to the latest version, whether the issue still occur? Could you describe the issue? In order to better assist you, we suggest that you provide the feedback log, you can submit a feedback form Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com).
1.Connect your device to your router and log in to Web GUI(http://www.asusrouter.com)
2.Find “Administration,” and tap “Feedback”
3.Fill in your region, email (required field), ASUS Service No./Case No.(not required),Select the feedback problem and description.You can also write down comments/suggestions. More details might help us to analyze the issue you have encountered in a faster and more efficient way.
4.Read the agreement and click “I agree.”
5.Tap “Send” to submit your feedback.
Then provide the product serial number, the time of submitting the issue report, the email used for filling out the issue report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message. Thank you.

As my post says, this issue occurred after the latest firmware. I am currently up to date on the firmware, the issue presented itself within hours of the update.

Sometimes a firmware update creates bugs, possibly because it did not completely install correctly.  Have you tried a hard reset?  Another thing you may try (if acceptable to you) is to disable access from WAN.

Hi @Vozz ,

based on your issue, may I ask whether the issue happen on RT-AX55 or RT-AX56U?
It is suggest that you can try the hard reset steps as jzchen mentioned.
For hard reset step, you can refer to the following link.
[Wireless Router] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 1 
[Wireless Router] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 2 

If the deauth issue still occur, in order to better assist you, please sent the feebck log to us for further analysis.
You can submit a feedback form Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com).
1.Connect your device to your router and log in to Web GUI(http://www.asusrouter.com)
2.Find “Administration,” and tap “Feedback”
3.Fill in your region, email (required field), ASUS Service No./Case No.(not required),Select the feedback problem and description.You can also write down comments/suggestions. More details might help us to analyze the issue you have encountered in a faster and more efficient way.
4.Read the agreement and click “I agree.”
5.Tap “Send” to submit your feedback.
Then provide the product serial number, the time of submitting the issue report, the email used for filling out the issue report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.
Thank you.