This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-BE98 Pro Wireless problem

SCSG
Star I

Hi everyone. I've a WI-Fi 7 router GT-BE98 Pro running firmware  3.0.0.6.102_34491-ge5d05d6_621-g39ad8_BA08. The router has Smart Connect enabled with 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, 6Ghz-1 and 6Ghz-2. I've experienced the following problems in the last few days:

1. Out of sudden, the 5Ghz just stopped working. The 5Ghz LED light on the router was OFF.
  2. Out of sudden, the Smart Connect SSID just stopped working (2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, 6Ghz-1 and 6Ghz-2 LEF all remained ON). All the clients were unable to see the SSID in the wireless network list.

I had to reboot the router to restore connectivity. Any advice? Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

jzchen
Zen Master I

Does this happen often?  How often?  I can only suggest setting up an automatic reboot schedule in the web interface (ASUSwrt) for now...

SCSG
Star I

It is random. The most recent is last night where all the SSIDs just disappeared, and Wi-Fi stopped working. 

I do have a daily reboot scheduled. This cannot be a solution though.

Hi @SCSG ,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the connection issue with your GT-BE98 Pro wireless router.

To better assist you in resolving this issue, we recommend that you try the following methods:

• Reset the router: You can try restoring the router to its factory settings. Please be sure to back up any previous settings before resetting.
  • Auto-select channel: Try letting the router automatically select the best 5GHz channel, which may improve connection stability.

Additionally, we would like to gather more information:

• Firmware version: Does this issue only occur in firmware version 34491? Have you encountered similar issues with previous firmware versions?

If the above methods do not resolve your issue, we recommend that you use the system feedback feature to provide a detailed description of the problem to our engineering team.

System feedback steps:

1. Connect to the router: Connect your computer to the router and enter http://router.asus.com/ in your browser to log in to the router's management interface.
  2. Find the feedback function: In the management interface, find "System Management" or a similar option, and look for the "Feedback" function.
  3. Fill in the information: Please fill in your region, email address, ASUS service/case number (if any), problem type, and problem description as prompted.
  4. Agree to terms: Please read and agree to the privacy policy and related terms of service.
  5. Submit feedback: Click the "Submit" button to submit your feedback.

Also, to help us resolve your issue more quickly, please send us the following information in a private message:

• Product serial number
  • Feedback submission time
  • Email address you used to submit the feedback
  • Time when the issue first occurred
  • MAC address of your device

We will provide this information to our backend engineering team so they can analyze your issue more in-depth.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi there.

I gotten this router for less than two weeks so it is relatively new to me and I have no experience with any previous version of firmware.

The Wi-Fi issue happened again this morning where on the router itself, all the LED were ON however, all the Wi-Fi clients were disconnected and could not see the SSIDs in the Wi-Fi list at the client end.

I powered cycle the router to restore the connectivity. Will sending Feedback still provide useful info after the power cycle? 

Also, when you said private message, what email address to send to?

Thank you.