cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS XD6 Disconnection

eugene612
Star I

Hi All,

I have two ASUS XD6 that was setup pretty easily.
However, i realised my wifi connection gets disconnected frequently. (about once every 2 hours)

I disconnected the 2nd router so I am just using 1 standalone unit. I have updated the firmware to the latest.
i factory reset and swapped the other (maybe it is the first unit having issues). No, both are the same.

Anything else I can do? 

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @eugene612 ,

may I ask have you ensure that the distance between your devices and the router is within a reasonable range?

Thick walls, obstacles, or interference from other electronic devices can weaken the Wi-Fi signal.

Try repositioning the router to a more central location or closer to the devices experiencing disconnections.

It is also suggest that you can try changing the Wi-Fi channel to a less congested one.

You can experiment with different channels to see if it improves the stability of the connection.

You can try to cross test with other device to confirm the signal issue.

You can refer to the following troubleshooting steps.

[Troubleshooting] Failed Internet access through router | Official Support | ASUS Global

Also, please observe if the nodes are experiencing any disconnections that might be causing the devices to disconnect as well. Is the issue specific to a certain Wi-Fi band?

Please provide the device information, including MAC addresses and feedback logs.

Thank you.

eugene612
Star I

Thanks Aureliannn!
For isolation, i have disconnected the secondary node router, so there is just one router now. 

When i connected wired to the primary router, there is no disconnection and latency is good.
However, when connected to the primary router over wifi, it is still dropping alot. 
I noticed on WIFI, the latency pinging to the router IP is really unstable too, it varies from 1ms to 100ms. 
I have tried changing to other channels and it is still the same. 
Same for 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz. 
Thanks. 

Sorry, just noticed your last sentence.

Mine is a ASX5400 wireless router.  Operation mode: Wireless Router, Firmware version: 3.0.0.4.388_21380

Hi @eugene612 ,

based on your issue, have you try to use the other router to confirm the wireless connection issue?

Please disconnect the AiMesh and node connection, and individually test each router's wireless connection to check if any issues occur.

After the test, please inform us if the Wi-Fi disconnect issue only happens with specific routers.

If so, kindly provide the feedback log. Thank you.

We kindly request you to report the problem through feedback. Please follow the steps below to report the issue through the Web management interface:

• Connect your device (PC, laptop, etc.) to the router and open the Web management interface (http://router.asus.com/) in your web browser.
  • Click on "Administration" and then select "Issue Report."
  • Fill in your location, email address (required), ASUS service/case number, problem type, and problem description. Please read and agree to the privacy policy and relevant terms of service.
  • Click "Submit" to submit your form.

Additionally, please provide the product serial number, the time you sent the feedback report, the email used for the feedback report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.