cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-AX3000 V2 router - Forgotten password

gogoy7
Star I

Hi,

My internet has been dropping off randomly, and rebooting the unit fixes this. But I'm doing this almost daily which is becoming annoying. So I when i went check the version to see if I could update it I realised I have forgotten what my user name and password is for my RT-AX3000 router (haven't touched it since setting up at new house back in Dec 22), I thought I have saved these details in my password manager.

I reset the router by holding reset button for 5+ sec, but when it rebooted it just connected back to the internet and wifi. But is still asking for the login and password when you try to enter Asus setting at IP 192.168.X.X

How to I fully reset it back to factory setting, so that it will start fresh and I can set up password and configure everything from new?

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @gogoy7 ,

if you want to reset the router to factory default setting.

You can refer to the following link.

[Wireless Router] How to reset the router to factory default setting? | Official Support | ASUS Glob...

Please note that after the restoration, the router settings are all cleared.

If your Internet connection requires an account and password or special settings, please save the information in advance or ask your Internet Service Provider (ISP) first.

Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.