This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cfg file from TM-AC1900 to RT-AXE7800 possible?

CaptainBDSC
Star I

Hi,

I've got an old TM-AC1900. I just bought and now have an RT-AXE7800. Is it safe/possible to just download the cfg file from the 1900 and put it on the 7800

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @CaptainBDSC 

based on your issue, it is not safe or possible to directly transfer the configuration file (cfg file) from an old TM-AC1900 router to a new RT-AXE7800 router. The two routers have different hardware, firmware, and features, which means their configuration files are not compatible.

Each router model has its own unique configuration file format that is specific to its firmware and hardware capabilities.

Attempting to use the configuration file from the TM-AC1900 on the RT-AXE7800 could result in compatibility issues, settings conflicts, or even cause the new router to malfunction.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @CaptainBDSC 

based on your issue, it is not safe or possible to directly transfer the configuration file (cfg file) from an old TM-AC1900 router to a new RT-AXE7800 router. The two routers have different hardware, firmware, and features, which means their configuration files are not compatible.

Each router model has its own unique configuration file format that is specific to its firmware and hardware capabilities.

Attempting to use the configuration file from the TM-AC1900 on the RT-AXE7800 could result in compatibility issues, settings conflicts, or even cause the new router to malfunction.

Thank you.

CaptainBDSC
Star I

Thank you!

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.