cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CM1400FX - several issues, three questions

jbernardo
Star II

Hi,

I have 2 CM1400X, one mine, the another is my son's. My son's chromebook flip works well, mine won't switch to tablet mode anymore (it did the first couple of months) when I fold over the screen, and sometimes even the touchscreen stops working until a full shutdown/power on. Also it will no longer change screen orientation automatically when I rotate the flip.

I tried powerwashing, but it didn't change anything. After setting it up again it still won't enter tablet mode or autorotate. I see the instructions for a hard reset and recovering chromeOS, but nothing seems to apply to the flip. Using the chromebook tablet method (power + one of both volume buttons for > 10 seconds) doesn't do anything.

Can I fix the tablet mode switch on the CM1400x without hard reset/recovery?

How do I do a hard reset on the CM1400X?

How do I enter recovery?

4 REPLIES 4

jbernardo
Star II

I did another attempt, and "refresh + power" worked for the hard reset (still didn't fix tablet mode) and "esc+refresh"+power entered recovery. No idea why it didn't work before, when I tried the keys combinations.

Will see if a new image will fix tablet mode.

@jbernardo 
Please refer to the following FAQ to restore the system.
[Chromebook] Recover Chromebook operating system 
If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/ 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

@Falcon_ASUS I had followed that. Didn't work, and the chromebook is now being repaired after an RMA.

Thanks!

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.