Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @willis.mj@gmail.com ,
So... you are having screen flickering, or camera flickering?
May you provide a video of the issue?
and double check if your are using the latest graphic driver?
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
pmpena1

Hi @Blake_ASUS,

I am experiencing the same problem with my newly bought Asus Vivobook S15. Tomorrow is the last day for the 7 days replacement option of the seller. Should I return the unit or are there any solutions available for the issue?

Thanks.

View post
Hello @pmpena1 ,
Please specify your model name, S532FL, S531FL, S5310FN....
Thank you.

pmpena1
Star I
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/95572#Comment_95572

Hello @pmpena1 ,

Please specify your model name, S532FL, S531FL, S5310FN....

Thank you.

View post
Hi @Blake_ASUS, model is S531F.
Thank you.

cgobbi
Star I
Hi, I have the same problem here. My Asus is a Zenbook S UX392FN. Green and gray flickering lines when using the camera with every videoconference software (Skype, Meet, Teams, Jitsi). Just updated the Bios and search for new drivers but the lines are still on. It's worst with AC on. How can I fix it? I love this Zenb but the problem with the camera is really annoying. Thanks a lot for any help

ZT-08466863
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello @willis.mj@gmail.com ,

So... you are having screen flickering, or camera flickering?

May you provide a video of the issue?

and double check if your are using the latest graphic driver?

Thank you.

View post
Both. It's practically impossible to video screen flicker and the camera is basically green flashing every so often. Why can't anyone accept these issues exist without asking for videos? Whatever happened to trust?