Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
update of upgrade the following special firmwares or driver 01. Intel Management Firmware according to processor model to the processor 02. INtel management interface driver to processor 03.update the correct latest intel microcode to processor or latest bios 05. use windows 10 1909 64bit 18363.476 pro or enterprise

Quarter
Star II
Hi, Raj I have performed the updates. The problem persists. The laptop shipped with Windows 10 Home, not Pro or Enterprise, but the version and build numbers are identical to those in your reply. Is this a known issue?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Quarter posted on 2019/12/6 13:38 Hi, Raj I have performed the updates. The problem persists.
Hello Quarter, So the issue only occurred with you plug in the AC adapter? Have you tried to update BIOS? May you provide a screenshot or video of the grey lines if possible? Thank you so much.

Quarter
Star II
Hi, Blake Thanks for your reply. I have not updated the BIOS yet. Please send instructions on how to do so. I have attached an animated GIF which shows the grey lines and a green flash. Due to compression, the colour of the flash is more grey-looking, but is a solid green in full quality.