Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN64 Black screen

tard
Star I

The story:

PART 1. I asked asus support but it's too long

I bought pn64 mini pc less than a week ago, it's brand new.
Sometimes a black screen turns on and artifacts flicker. Ctrl+alt+delete or ctrl+alt+shift+b didn't help. I heared increasing noise during waiting of black screen. I wated more than 10min in the hope that something will change. Only reboot via the button helps.
I looked at the error logs.
-----------
Code 41. Kernel-Power. Critical Error. (70368744177664),(2). Category 63

----------
It happens few times and once I got this:
License activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code:
hr=0x803F7001
Command line arguments:
RuleId=31e71c49-8da7-4a2f-ad92-45d98a1c79ba;Action=AutoActivate;AppId=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f;SkuId=2b1f36bb-c1cd-4306-bf5c-a0367c2d97d8;NotificationInterval=1440;Trigger=UserLogon;SessionId=1

-----------
Also in exact time I got this:
Code 6008. EventLog. And that's all.

-----------
I don't see any other critical errors. And I reilized that this error after my manual rebooting but why it happens?

PART 2. BIOS update

I Installed 2.12 version successfully (before installed ME Update Tool V16.1.25.1980).
Also I installed a little bit oldest Video driver version. All worked for 3 days and today I got 3 times black screen. No errors in the event log. 

PART 3. NOW
I get black screen without/with artefacts. It happends not often as in the past but when system is hard work (videodriver works when films or games running). NO MORE errors in log after rebooting. Only about manual reboot.
I installed WhoCrashed - no logs.
What can you advice me for finding the reason? I don't know about return money, because problem happens unpredictible and I can't explain when it happens next time. So tech team ASUS can answer me that there are no problems and return this device back. I use this PC for job and can't wait months...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@tard
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop & Phone product.
For your Mini PC questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@tard
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop & Phone product.
For your Mini PC questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

I made memtest86 for this night. There are 0 errors. Also, the support center told me to send them a PC. So the problem is in the hardware

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.