Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivobook Pro 14X OLED goes into sleep mode while rendering

Clumsea
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Vivobook Pro 14X OLED M7400QE-KM008T (AMD Version)
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: /
========================
Detailed description:
Hi all!
I would like to know if someone could help me on this one :
My PC, even if I set "Never" on all the settings relative to the sleep mode, goes into it after just a few minutes while rendering something on Adobe Media Encoder. I mean, it shouldn't enter the sleep mode anyway with these settings, but it does during my render !
Another thing is that I want to render while having my lid closed (because of the OLED screen and the time that it takes). I've also set that in the Control Panel : "When I close the lid : Do nothing" on both the battery and the plugged mode... But it doesn't change anything : my PC stops rendering a few minutes after having closed the lid. I know it because the fans stop and I must enter my password to enter Windows again...
The PC is meant for the """creators""", it's written on it when you buy it! Such a strange creator's PC no? If you can't render...

Thank you!!
PS: Idk how to turn off the "screen saver" (an animation the PC displays when you do nothing), if it is possible? Is it part of the sleep mode or just something meant for the OLED display?
8 REPLIES 8

Falcon_ASUS
Clumsea
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: Vivobook Pro 14X OLED M7400QE-KM008T (AMD Version)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video: /

========================

Detailed description:

Hi all!

I would like to know if someone could help me on this one :

My PC, even if I set "Never" on all the settings relative to the sleep mode, goes into it after just a few minutes while rendering something on Adobe Media Encoder. I mean, it shouldn't enter the sleep mode anyway with these settings, but it does during my render !

Another thing is that I want to render while having my lid closed (because of the OLED screen and the time that it takes). I've also set that in the Control Panel : "When I close the lid : Do nothing" on both the battery and the plugged mode... But it doesn't change anything : my PC stops rendering a few minutes after having closed the lid. I know it because the fans stop and I must enter my password to enter Windows again...

The PC is meant for the """creators""", it's written on it when you buy it! Such a strange creator's PC no? If you can't render...

Thank you!!

PS: Idk how to turn off the "screen saver" (an animation the PC displays when you do nothing), if it is possible? Is it part of the sleep mode or just something meant for the OLED display?

Vivobook Pro 14X OLED goes into sleep mode while rendering
@Clumsea
Please kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1.What is the BIOS and system version you are currently using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running?2.Please help provide your power settings (screenshot).
3.What version of Adobe Media Encoder are you using?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Clumsea
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61657/vivobook-pro-14x-oled-goes-into-sleep-mode-while-render...

@Clumsea

Please kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1.What is the BIOS and system version you are currently using?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1030673/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-version-of-windows-operating-system-am-i-running-6...

2.Please help provide your power settings (screenshot).

3.What version of Adobe Media Encoder are you using?

View post
Hi @Falcon_ASUS, thank you for answering!
My BIOS is up to date (v.307) (I did it yesterday) :
image.png
My Windows version :
image.png
My sleep mode and power settings :
image.png
("Jamais" means "Never" and "Performances élevées" means "High performance")
image.png
It's a bit strange that in the power modes in Windows' Control Panel I can just modify for the Balanced ("Utilisation normale") one and not for the High Performance :
image.png
My Media Encoder version : 22.0 build 107.

Thank you !

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Clumsea

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/216872#Comment_216872

image.png

My Windows version :

image.png

image.png

image.png

It's a bit strange that in the power modes in Windows' Control Panel I can just modify for the Balanced ("Utilisation normale") one and not for the High Performance :

image.png

Thank you !

View post
To work the power settings plan, we need to install built-in processor graphics card device driver or intel or AMD.
install the latest GPU driver.

Falcon_ASUS
Clumsea

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/216872#Comment_216872

image.png

My Windows version :

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thank you !

View post
@Clumsea
Regarding your question, please refer to the following FAQ.
[Notebook] Why does the system still enter hibernate mode even I set up “Do Nothing when closing the...Please let me know again if the situation you are reporting occurs when the screen is not closed.