This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your ScreenPad turning fully OFF if on battery?

jappish
Star I
If you have a Zenbook Duo then I need your help!
I noticed that my Zenbook Duo fails to fully turn off the Screenpad backlight if PC is put to "sleep"-mode AND the charger is disconnected. Wondering if this is a firmware issue or if I'm having a faulty unit.
Please, if you have a Duo try the following:
1. Make sure you are in a dark room, because it is hard/impossible to see if the room is brightly lit
2. Make sure that your charger is disconnected
3. Now choose the sleep-option in Windows while observing the black-level on both screens - Can you see if the Screenpad is slightly illuminated and not quite as black as the main display?
Another way to reproduce the issue for me is to have the charger connected and charging, then put the PC in sleep-mode. At this point both screens should have turned off fully and the power-button LED should be blinking, NOW disconnect the charger while observing the Screenpad, does yours also light up (dimly)?

I have attached a pic try and show the issue

System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX482EG
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
screenpad.png

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
jappish

If you have a Zenbook Duo then I need your help!

I noticed that my Zenbook Duo fails to fully turn off the Screenpad backlight if PC is put to "sleep"-mode AND the charger is disconnected. Wondering if this is a firmware issue or if I'm having a faulty unit.

Please, if you have a Duo try the following:

• 1. Make sure you are in a dark room, because it is hard/impossible to see if the room is brightly lit
  • 2. Make sure that your charger is disconnected
  • 3. Now choose the sleep-option in Windows while observing the black-level on both screens - Can you see if the Screenpad is slightly illuminated and not quite as black as the main display?

Another way to reproduce the issue for me is to have the charger connected and charging, then put the PC in sleep-mode. At this point both screens should have turned off fully and the power-button LED should be blinking, NOW disconnect the charger while observing the Screenpad, does yours also light up (dimly)?

I have attached a pic try and show the issue

1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: UX482EG
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

screenpad.png

Is your ScreenPad turning fully OFF if on battery?
@jappish
As far as I understand, the backlight should be turned off when sleeping. Could you please provide me the current system version, BIOS version and your power settings ? (you can provide a screenshot). Thank you.

jappish
Star I
Thanks @falcon_Asus
Yeah, it really deoesn't make sense that the screenpad is powered when the pc is in sleep mode
I'm on Windows 11 latest update as of 2022 01 28
BIOS version 311
I'm on the Asus recommended power plan, but the issue persists on custom power plan or balanced/performance mode. Please let me know if there are any further details you would need.
image.png

Falcon_ASUS
jappish

Thanks @falcon_Asus

Yeah, it really deoesn't make sense that the screenpad is powered when the pc is in sleep mode

I'm on Windows 11 latest update as of 2022 01 28

BIOS version 311

I'm on the Asus recommended power plan, but the issue persists on custom power plan or balanced/performance mode. Please let me know if there are any further details you would need.

image.png

View post
@jappish
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.