This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan does not stop after shutdown

I have an Asus Zenbook 14 Flip OLED (UP3404) ultrabook, it is a brand new laptop, and when I want to turn it off, after the screen showing the turning off message, the screen normally goes black and even the keyboard lights as well, but the fans stay on, and an indicator light still flashes, showing that the laptop still have not turned off. At first I thought that it just cools down itself to a perfect temperature, but this goes on for almost 40 minutes, not for some minutes, and I also did not use any application or program which could cause an overheating. Also, because of this, my battery drains, completely and when I want to restart it, I have to wait until the the fans stop spinning completely, or I have to perform a hard shut down and I have to restart it manually. Also, the fans do not spin on the same level, so it could indicate that it is indeed cooling down, and it slowly decreases it's speed, but for spinning a this long time, it is unusual to do this. It is frustrating, because yesterday, I was using my laptop till 10pm and I shut it down, and it did the same thing for until 10:42 pm until the fans stopped spinning. Also, this behaviour is completely random, I would say that at 1 out of 4 shutdowns this happens, while at the other cases, after the shutdown, the fans immediately stop, and the flashing indicator light turns off as well after a couple of seconds.
Sent by you: I have an Asus Zenbook 14 Flip OLED (UP3404) ultrabook, it is a brand new laptop, and when I want to turn it off, after the screen showing the turning off message, the screen normally goes black and even the keyboard lights as well, but the fans stay on, and an indicator light still flashes, showing that the laptop still have not turned off. At first I thought that it just cools down itself to a perfect temperature, but this goes on for almost 40 minutes, not for some minutes, and I also did not use any application or program which could cause an overheating. Also, because of this, my battery drains, completely and when I want to restart it, I have to wait until the the fans stop spinning completely, or I have to perform a hard shut down and I have to restart it manually. Also, the fans do not spin on the same level, so it could indicate that it is indeed cooling down, and it slowly decreases it's speed, but for spinning a this long time, it is unusual to do this. It is frustrating, because yesterday, I was using my laptop till 10pm and I shut it down, and it did the same thing for until 10:42 pm until the fans stopped spinning. Also, this behaviour is completely random, I would say that at 1 out of 4 shutdowns this happens, while at the other cases, after the shutdown, the fans immediately stop, and the flashing indicator light turns off as well after a couple of seconds.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@bendebalint2005
May I confirm if you actually selected the option to shut down the laptop, or did you just close the screen?
If you are certain that you shut down the laptop, since it is newly purchased, I would recommend contacting the retailer to see if a return or exchange is possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

RobLake
Star III

Happens to my pc too but it's because windows is slow to close, how long are u waiting before closing the lid?