This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

marzvin
Rising Star II
RockeR

1632685697920.jpg

From Russia with love

View post
Phew its unfortunate for you to join the dreaded team. You're number 23 on this group! What were you doing when yours died and were you rooted or running stock?

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
I think as someone else stated earlier, the cause of the problem isn't likely what the person was doing. I think it is more of a manufacturing defect, so the manufacturing date would be more useful to know if our model is more prone to bricking.
You can check this behind the box at the bottom of the sticker, where it says MFD:
for example the date for mine is 2021/05 and the 2 or so people that reported their manufacturing date were from april. So maybe it is an issue with the first batch where there are bad solder connections or something.
Also another very important thing to know on top of the raw number of bricked phones is the amount of phones that were sold. Without that, we cannot know if the issue is rare or common.
Having these 2 would let us know which phones are affected and at what level it is likely to happen. If the number is like 50 devices per 100 000 (Assuming there will be more devices coming and that there are ramdump cases not posted on here), it makes the error rate 0,05%. That would explain why Asus does not bother fixing the issue as repairing affected units might just be cheaper for them.

atoia68
Rising Star I
Adaoh

I think as someone else stated earlier, the cause of the problem isn't likely what the person was doing. I think it is more of a manufacturing defect, so the manufacturing date would be more useful to know if our model is more prone to bricking.

You can check this behind the box at the bottom of the sticker, where it says MFD:

for example the date for mine is 2021/05 and the 2 or so people that reported their manufacturing date were from april. So maybe it is an issue with the first batch where there are bad solder connections or something.

Also another very important thing to know on top of the raw number of bricked phones is the amount of phones that were sold. Without that, we cannot know if the issue is rare or common.

Having these 2 would let us know which phones are affected and at what level it is likely to happen. If the number is like 50 devices per 100 000 (Assuming there will be more devices coming and that there are ramdump cases not posted on here), it makes the error rate 0,05%. That would explain why Asus does not bother fixing the issue as repairing affected units might just be cheaper for them.

View post
Mine was produced 04/2021

atoia68
Rising Star I
petrus73

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186949#Comment_186949

@atoia68 I can't send you a PM, asked to @Gustav_ASUS how to contact you privately as we both live in Italy and he said that is impossible. This is not a real forum by the way 😉

anyway you can read my last post from tonight and reply to me.....

View post
Petris, I read your post !!!! I also asked for a refund but without any response !!!! Did you hire a private lawyer or Federconsumatori for the cause?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Adaoh

View post
Is your may unit fine then?