This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

marzvin
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@th.besch Ramdump is not a cause, it's a symptom. The underlying reasons for it happening can be many, for example overvoltage, drop damage, factory hardware damage and so on. We can't know the reason behind each case. Again, this is why we are guiding affected users to service for checkup and repair.

View post
Thanks @Gustav_ASUS, considering the phone is now confirmed and identified to have a hardware issue, where do we stand in terms of asking for a refund? This is because had I known the phone had a hardware fault, I wouldn't have bought it?

daniel91m
Rising Star II
hey @Gustav_ASUS how are you counting damage to the motherboard? new threads appearing "zenfone8 bricked" - please add them to the counter. please show how many motherboards on a global scale were exchanged in service centers? Are you still saying it doesn't mean anything?
Local service center doesn't investigate the root cause but replace components. Did I get a mainboard with a factory defect again? Stock up on it, because the warranty lasts for two years, so I'll probably replace a few more mainboards. Warranty for each motherboard is counted from the moment of replacement, so I hope that there will be refunds in the end.

No greetings ...

atoia68
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@th.besch Ramdump is not a cause, it's a symptom. The underlying reasons for it happening can be many, for example overvoltage, drop damage, factory hardware damage and so on. We can't know the reason behind each case. Again, this is why we are guiding affected users to service for checkup and repair.

View post
All users indicated that the smartphone was in standby on a table or just used it !!! Now go out with accidental drops or surges !!! I hope the service centers don't take these excuses to put the blame on customers

atoia68
Rising Star I
petrus73

@Gustav_ASUS how can I PM to @atoia68 as we live both in Italy and we can exchange info about how to deal with Asus here ?

View post
Petris...mandami mail che ci scriviamo

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
To clarify - what I meant was that it can be caused by hardware issues of any kind. We can't know the underlying cause for each individual case. This is the same information that I've been giving you before in this thread.
If you happen to be affected by this issue, please contact a local ASUS service center for support.