This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

th_besch
Rising Star I
Good afternoon dear mods! As I use my phone mostly for serious tasks and so I have to rely on it I kindly ask you: what do you recommend?
Thank you in advance!

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@th.besch If you haven't unlocked/rooted your device and played around with the kernel / ROM or otherwise tinkered with the software (you would know if you had) - getting stuck in ramdump points toward hardware problems of some kind.
We have no reason to believe that normal users are getting stuck in ramdump because of a bug in the software.

th_besch
Rising Star I
@Gustav_ASUS Thank you very much for your answer. I really appreciate that! Since I see myself as a normal user who does not mess around with his phone I understand I might be hit by ramdump due to hardware issues not having shown up yet. Is there a chance to identify the phones with this problem? Not only I could take a deep breath and relax if I knew my phone would be safe...

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@th.besch Ramdump is not a cause, it's a symptom which can be caused by hardware issues of any kind. We can't know the reason behind each case. Again, this is why we are guiding affected users to service for checkup and repair.
// Edited for clarity.

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@th.besch If you haven't unlocked/rooted your device and played around with the kernel / ROM or otherwise tinkered with the software (you would know if you had) - getting stuck in ramdump points toward hardware problems of some kind.

We have no reason to believe that normal users are getting stuck in ramdump because of a bug in the software.

View post
Finally after weeks of silence "they" finally gave us a tidbit of information that the issue is caused by a hardware problem, should have just came out and said it.
"They" could have just said that they are looking into the issue and will give us more information as they get their findings. That probably would have been a better way to address this rather than keeping silent and pissing off your customers by not giving them the answers they deserve.
At this point Asus' reputation is definitely tarnished especially for those who purchased the ZF8, never will we patronize your products as there are better options out there (that don't break after just months of use)