cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Standby battery drain

Salvatore
Star III
Hi,
i'm experiencing seriuos issue about battery, it's being constantly drained by cell standby with abnormal values. It's actually draining more than the display, that's unacceptable.
Can you please provide a fix/solution ?
Zenfone 8 - hardware and software details attached.
198183282-10226408916159167-3204847718508595170-n.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111801686.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111808710.jpg

123 REPLIES 123

andriej72
Star II
I have already found a solution to the battery problems. I will give away the phone and buy another company.

Salvatore
Star III
andriej72

I have already found a solution to the battery problems. I will give away the phone and buy another company.

View post
I'm thinking about doing the same. I'll wait for the next FOTA which, according to Gustav, should solve the issue and, if it doesn't, i will consider moving to Pixel6.
Gustav_ASUS

We are addressing standby battery drain in the next FOTA. Please let me know if you see any improvements when it drops. 🙂

View post

madizon5
Star III
Absolutely agree! Size of the device is perfect, but this issue (battery management) is terrible. I will do the same like Salvatore, wait for next FOTA and if Asus won't solve this I will sell ZF8. Do you know (somebody) when should be next FOTA?

polonez
Star I
hello to everybody, I bought a zenfone 8 a week ago and the battery is a complete disaster.
Before the zenfone 8 I had a zenfone 3 (ZE520KL) with a capacity of 2600 Mah
I did a test last night (in both phones the same applications). This morning the ZENFONE 3 charge percentage had decreased by 3%, on the ZENFONE 8 by 7% !!! ( before going to sleep i had 81% and 74% this morning).
Today at the end of the afternoon when I have used the phone very little, the battery charge has dropped to 47%!!. The zenfone 8 with a battery capacity of 4000mah, I find it worse than the zenfone 3.
What to do ?. I think the solution is to have the phone refunded and buy another brand

madizon5
Star III
Battery is 4000mAh but real value is 3850mAh. You lost only 7%? My typical lost during a night is 12-16%. I got tip to choose durable mode instead of advanced mode.