This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Clarified] LED notification is not working!

steven1a
Star II
I had the normal zenphone 6 short time ago and gave it back because the LED notification with my messenger was working only after a factory reset with a fresh installed telegram messenger app.It stops working immediatly completly when I install whatsapp or any other app like gmx email.

I am NOT talking about choosing the color of the LED notification. I am talking that the LED notification is not working at all.

Now I have the zenphone 6 edition 30
I find the same bug!!! I searched around and found this problem is not new for asus phones , it exist since years!
It is so annoying!!!!
Why is ASUS not capable to delivery such a simple function?

I am thinking about returning my phone again and stay with samsung note again.

6 REPLIES 6

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Did you try messing around with notification settings? There are LED related settings.

steven1a
Star II
Thank you reminding me of the basics.
But believe me I tried already everything. And of course LED notification ist ON and of course I need LED notification when screen is OFF.

And -as I wrote before- it is a factory reseted brand new phone . Telegram LED notification is working first moment. I activate my email app or whatsapp and nothing is working anymore.
LED is only noticeable when my zenphone 6 is charging. SUPER !

DNB parameters - what is that?
call and message? hundreds hits with that search in playstore - please try to find THAT app with That information 😉

steven1a
Star II
I got it !
Amazing reason and easy solution.
The Zenphone is not working properly with the standard setting of telegram showing a BLUE LED light as LED notification and other apps together.
Solution:
In the Telegram app settings "Notifications and Sounds" and then "Private Chats" you can choose "LED Color".
It is working with white, green, yellow and red color - cyan is showing green color , purple is showing red color
but with the blue LED setting the zenphone 6 shows NOTHING!

Why this blue LED was working with a fresh initialized or factory reset zenphone - who am I to know that? Fact is the LED function is not working as it should. With my Samsung note9 or any other phone I NEVER experienced a problem with LED notifications.

=> ASUS should eliminate this annoying BUG !

ColorSage
Zen Master I
steven1a

I got it !

Amazing reason and easy solution.

The Zenphone is not working properly with the standard setting of telegram showing a BLUE LED light as LED notification and other apps together.

Solution:

In the Telegram app settings "Notifications and Sounds" and then "Private Chats" you can choose "LED Color".

It is working with white, green, yellow and red color - cyan is showing green color , purple is showing red color

but with the blue LED setting the zenphone 6 shows NOTHING!

Why this blue LED was working with a fresh initialized or factory reset zenphone - who am I to know that? Fact is the LED function is not working as it should. With my Samsung note9 or any other phone I NEVER experienced a problem with LED notifications.

=> ASUS should eliminate this annoying BUG !

View post
As far as I know, Zenfone 6 doesn't have blue LED so I don't know how did you manage to see it.