This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 - software updates

immersum
Star II
As a user coming from an iPhone, never having owned an Asus device, one of my concerns is the software longevity. Can anyone tell me what updates in terms of new Android versions as well as security patches can I expect from Zenfone 7? I can see the device natively comes with Android 10 while Android 11 is becoming increasingly widespread. Will it get 12? 13 maybe? When will software support end?
15 REPLIES 15

Tagion
Rising Star II
You will get A12 for sure. We don't know if we get A13 too, but we should at least get security patches after A12

immersum
Star II
Thank you! Generally are you happy with the device? Any drawbacks?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
immersum

As a user coming from an iPhone, never having owned an Asus device, one of my concerns is the software longevity. Can anyone tell me what updates in terms of new Android versions as well as security patches can I expect from Zenfone 7? I can see the device natively comes with Android 10 while Android 11 is becoming increasingly widespread. Will it get 12? 13 maybe? When will software support end?

Zenfone 7 - software updates
As of now Asus commits to 2 os android upgrades and 2.5-3 yrs of security patches
Considering Zenfone 7pro launched with android 10 it will be updated to android 11 and 12 (11 and 12 are confirmed)
Beyond that can't say but if Asus commits to 3 os versions for their next Zenfone then Zenfone 7 would be added to the list hopefully

Tagion
Rising Star II
immersum

Thank you! Generally are you happy with the device? Any drawbacks?

View post
The only drawback is the weight and size of this phone in my opinion