This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual charging on UM425

hi, I have a zenbook UM425 and it is charged via USB C
on its left side there are two USB C port, and either one can be used to charge the unit
one day I left my charger at home and in need of charging, so I used my phone charger. its rated output is 15 watt per slot (has 2 slots). the zenbook battery managed to stay longer even though battery percentage eventually dropped slowly.
my question is, is it possible to use both USB C to charge my zenbook? since either one can be used for charging and my phone charger has exactly two slots.
yes, I realize it will never replace the original charger since it is rated at 100 watt. but is it possible to charge both USB C at the same time?

thank you
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
redeyedprince89

hi, I have a zenbook UM425 and it is charged via USB C

on its left side there are two USB C port, and either one can be used to charge the unit

one day I left my charger at home and in need of charging, so I used my phone charger. its rated output is 15 watt per slot (has 2 slots). the zenbook battery managed to stay longer even though battery percentage eventually dropped slowly.

my question is, is it possible to use both USB C to charge my zenbook? since either one can be used for charging and my phone charger has exactly two slots.

yes, I realize it will never replace the original charger since it is rated at 100 watt. but is it possible to charge both USB C at the same time?

thank you

Dual charging on UM425
@redeyedprince89
From my standpoint, I would not recommend using it this way.
Please refer to the following FAQ to use.
[Notebook] The specification and suggested instruction of battery/adapter | Official Support | ASUS ...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
I do not know about your model but I have the UX482EG and I would recommend getting a 30W charger at least. This is small and cheaper than a large charger and will slowly charge you up to full even while using it. I have not tried the dual USB and would not really recommend it, but if you want something small you can take with you a PD 30W charger should be just enough.
I have tried on good quality 18-20W chargers and they are good, but if you want to go the economic route you would be safest with a 30W option because the converter may get quite warm reducing it's power output and then you have some headroom to continue charging.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.