System: 64-Bit
Battery or AC:
Model: UX434FL Signature Edition
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
It took me forever to figure out why my laptop won’t allow me to have multiple displays where I have 2 external monitors in addition to my laptop monitor for my WFH set up. I have an ASUS 14 Zenbook UX434FL and it comes with 1 HDMI, USB 3.0 Type A & Type-C, HOWEVER, I realized The USB & Type C port of my model does NOT support video display export. Therefore, I can use the HDMI port for one monitor and that’s it! If you’ve previously purchased a USB-C to HDMI adapter, HDMI splitter etc. this is the reason why they did not work. The solution is to buy a hub or an adapter with an external graphics card built in. I bought this hub and it is fantastic! I now have 3 monitors with no issues and is very powerful! 10/10 recommend on amazon:
Canada:
Plugable USB 3.0 and USB-C Universal Laptop Docking Station for Windows and Mac (Dual Video HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 6 USB Ports)
US:
Plugable USB-C 4K Triple Display Docking Station with Charging Support for Specific USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 Windows and Mac Systems (1x HDMI and 2x DisplayPort++ Outputs, 5x USB Ports, 60W USB PD)

1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
jehannebobb
  1. System: 64-Bit
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: UX434FL Signature Edition
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

It took me forever to figure out why my laptop won’t allow me to have multiple displays where I have 2 external monitors in addition to my laptop monitor for my WFH set up. I have an ASUS 14 Zenbook UX434FL and it comes with 1 HDMI, USB 3.0 Type A & Type-C, HOWEVER, I realized The USB & Type C port of my model does NOT support video display export. Therefore, I can use the HDMI port for one monitor and that’s it! If you’ve previously purchased a USB-C to HDMI adapter, HDMI splitter etc. this is the reason why they did not work. The solution is to buy a hub or an adapter with an external graphics card built in. I bought this hub and it is fantastic! I now have 3 monitors with no issues and is very powerful! 10/10 recommend on amazon:

Canada:

Plugable USB 3.0 and USB-C Universal Laptop Docking Station for Windows and Mac (Dual Video HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, 6 USB Ports)

US:

Plugable USB-C 4K Triple Display Docking Station with Charging Support for Specific USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 Windows and Mac Systems (1x HDMI and 2x DisplayPort++ Outputs, 5x USB Ports, 60W USB PD)

How to connect multiple external monitors to Asus Zenbook UX434FL [SOLVED]
Your solution will be useful for the same model laptop users. Good luck.
Keep posting useful solutions.