This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus VivoBook 15 K513 Dual Monitor Setup

Dantoshou
Star I
I'm just wondering if this model will support two monitors, one via HDMI and one via USB-C. If Not is there a dock that could allow this laptop to use two external monitors?

Many Thanks for any advice.
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
Dantoshou

I'm just wondering if this model will support two monitors, one via HDMI and one via USB-C. If Not is there a dock that could allow this laptop to use two external monitors?

Many Thanks for any advice.

Asus VivoBook 15 K513 Dual Monitor Setup
@Dantoshou
Could you please tell me the full model name of the laptop you are using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS Global

Dantoshou
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62753/asus-vivobook-15-k513-dual-monitor-setup

@Dantoshou

Could you please tell me the full model name of the laptop you are using?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1030673/

View post
K513EA-L1897T This is the model of laptop

Falcon_ASUS
Dantoshou

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/222569#Comment_222569

K513EA-L1897T This is the model of laptop

View post
@Dantoshou
Unfortunately, the USB TYPE-C of K513EA does not support display.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Steps are given below-
Step 1: Check What Ports Are Available
Before you start shoving wires into ports in the back of your PC or the sides of your laptop, stop and take a closer look at those ports so that you know what you're looking at. Modern computers handle video via an HDMI port, but older computers feature a variety of other ports:
Many computers include a mix of these ports. Examining the back of your desktop PC or the side of your laptop, you should see one or more of them.
When it comes to laptops, another option is to purchase and use compatible docking stations. You may have a docking station option that could extend your laptop (which may only have a single video port), into a docking station that features two or more ports. So, even if you only have one video port available, definitely research the graphics cards if you want to set up a dual monitor laptop.

Step 2: Check Your Video Card Settings
If you have two ports, but you can't seem to get both ports to work at the same time, the next step is to determine if your video card even has the ability to display to multiple monitors.
It's easy enough to check: Just plug in both monitors, then press Windows + I and go to System > Display.
Display settings in the Windows 10 Settings menu.
In the display settings, you may actually see the multiple displays come up, with some disabled and others set up as either your primary display or as an extended display. You can ignore those for now and instead click on Advanced display settings at the bottom of this window
Multiple display options in the Windows 10 Settings app.
On the next page, you should see Display information for each connected display if your graphics card "sees" the number of monitors that you've plugged in.
Advanced display settings in the Windows 10 Settings app
If more than one shows up, then the card is capable of displaying to multiple monitors.
If you only see one, then you should quit here because even though you managed to connect multiple displays, the card is only able to utilize one at a time. Much of your success in this comes down to hardware capability, so checking this first is the most important thing.
However, if you've confirmed that your video card can "see" all displays that you've plugged in, yet you can't seem to get additional monitors to work, don't give up. There are a few more things you can try to fix the issue.

Step 3: Research Your Graphics Card
If you're still not certain whether your computer can support dual monitors, another option is to research your graphics card. First, look up the brand of your graphics card.
Right-click the Windows Start button and select Device Manager.
Expand Display adapters.
Head to Google and research the brand of your graphics adapter, followed by the word "multi-display" or "multi-monitor." Hopefully, you'll be able to find some evidence of whether your graphics card can handle multiple monitors.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez