ASUS-TUF-FX505DT : Screen flickering on plug/unplug of any devices in laptop

Naren19Naren19 Level 1
edited November 3 in Others

The laptop screen is displaying differently for a few seconds while we plug or unplug USB/audio jack...see the screenshot attached ...does anyone face the same problem ...please help

Comments

• Hello Narean,

I think video would be much easier to understand what you mean.

May I know what kind of USB or audio device you plug in? The brand and model.

And what is your BIOS version?

Thank you.

• Thanks for the response.

As I said earlier it was not only for device plug in/plug out even if I got any notification from the Asus application update the screen is changing. As you requested I have attached the screen recording.

In the attached video I had tried to plug in a Bluetooth mouse dongle (Logitech M235 Wireless Mouse)

• bios version is "BIOS Version/Date--American Megatrends Inc. FX505DT.316, 28-01-2021"

• Hi there,

It looks like a software issue. Did you install any third party app recently?

Can you enter safe mode to see if there is the same issue?

Thank you.

• I didn't install any third-party applications and I have tried in safe mode this issue is not coming there I have attached the apps which are installed on my laptop. Please help me to rectify this problem

• Hello Naren,

If there is no issue in safe mode, then it is very clear that it is something you install that is not coming from factory.

There are plenty of them according to our photo.

And it could the conflict between program and caused this issue.

You can first check in task manager when the issue happen, to see what kind of driver or app is running at that moment. Uninstall those first.

Another easier way is to reset your device back to factory setting, and then install your program one by one back to see which one is causing the problem.

Thank you.