This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S15 - How to have drag lock on the touchpad or improve edge move?

Dim_Wit
Star I
I have the 11th gen S15. The touchpad is nice, but it does not have a Asus specific utility that allows drag lock like in my previous Asus K501.
Previously, when I am dragging to move an item, after a second or so, the drag is locked and I can lift my finger and touch again to continue the dragging. Now this behavior is missing.
Edge move doesn't seem to work properly. And because the touchpad is huge, lots of finger movement is required before it hits the edge. This makes it a burden to use edge move. Is it possible for the driver to be updated to trigger edge move when the finger is about 1cm from the real physical edges?
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
Dim Wit

I have the 11th gen S15. The touchpad is nice, but it does not have a Asus specific utility that allows drag lock like in my previous Asus K501.

Previously, when I am dragging to move an item, after a second or so, the drag is locked and I can lift my finger and touch again to continue the dragging. Now this behavior is missing.

Edge move doesn't seem to work properly. And because the touchpad is huge, lots of finger movement is required before it hits the edge. This makes it a burden to use edge move. Is it possible for the driver to be updated to trigger edge move when the finger is about 1cm from the real physical edges?

S15 - How to have drag lock on the touchpad or improve edge move?
@Dim Wit
Could you please provide the operation video of both laptop?
We will confirm the difference between these operations.
Please also help to confirm whether the touchpad driver has been updated to the latest?
Thank you.