This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 bug: proximity sensor ignored while headphone is connected

someb
Star I
While a headphone is connected, the proximity sensor is completely ignored during calls. This means that the screen will not turn itself off nor ignore accidental touches.
This happens whether a headphone is connected via 3.5mm jack, a USB-C -> 3.5mm adapter, or Bluetooth. This also happens across different pairs of headphones.
Can anyone confirm whether this is happening on their device?
ASUS, please fix this. This is a major problem.
6 REPLIES 6

eduardomcp
Star III
boilermaker

Somewhat related, I've found the proximity sensor to be extremely buggy without headphones (holding phone to head). Constantly knock the mute button and if I try to use the phone during a call (while on speaker), the screen turns off (proximity sensor activation).

View post
There are already other threads about this issue. It is the single most annoying thing about this phone in my use case. almost all calls are interrupted by the person on the other side asking if i'm still here, because of the face to mute button touch

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.