cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hissing Noise in Recorded Videos - ZB631KL (Zenfone Max Pro M2) - Android 9

4n45t4514
Star I

Hi,

I'm currently using a ZB631KL (Zenfone Max Pro M2) phone with Android 9, and I'm facing a recurring issue while recording videos with the default "Camera" app. In every video I record, there is a persistent hissing noise that resembles the white noise of an old vinyl record.

An important point to note is that this issue does not occur when I use the "Sound Recorder" app for audio recordings—the audio quality is excellent without any hissing.

Additionally, I've tested this with an external microphone connected to the headphone jack, and the problem persists. Even after trying third-party apps from the Play Store, the hissing noise remains in the recorded videos. I've also conducted tests in Safe Mode, but the hissing noise still appears in the recordings. My device is running the latest software updates. I've attempted to mitigate this issue using a free Video Editor, but achieving satisfactory results has proven challenging due to the difficulty of completely eliminating the background noise.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue, or does anyone have ideas on how to resolve this without resorting to purchasing a new phone?

Thank you in advance for any assistance or insights!

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@4n45t4514
This should be due to a malfunction in one of the microphones on your phone.
Since your phone is an early model, the cost of repairing and replacing the parts may not be cost-effective.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks a lot for the insight! Is it possible to disable the top microphone, the one that is situated near the front camera?

@4n45t4514
Unfortunately, mobile devices cannot disable individual components like computer devices.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.