This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vowifi on zenfone 9 and android 13.

adriandaw
Star III

There are icons available for the status bar, but no actual connection.

Nowadays this is a basic essential. 

14 REPLIES 14

Please read my warning in the first response in this thread:

"After reboot the phone repeat this process."

Set VoWi-Fi over VoLTE priority options. That screenshot is from my Zenfone 9.

I also don't know if your carrier supports it, your carrier's SIM too... It is a feature that I do not know why ASUS has hidden it. 

Sorry. 

Are you saying I have to do this every time I turn my phone on and off?  If so, that's crazy.

If you're not, if you're saying it should become permanent after 2 reboots, I've done it.  Once I rebooted 5 times in a row.  Each and every time it doesn't stick.

Also, I've never seen the icon you show here.

Mint says they support VOWiFi.

I am running Android 13 on my Zenfone 9.

I agree, but I don't know the reason why ASUS has hidden this option from the general public (and it is also translated into other languages)

There are several requirements for VoWifi to work. Zenfone 9 is one of them, your SIM is another, your operator and even your wifi network. 

But come on, it's an unofficial feature.

Go to the options and search for VoWifi, you have to see a screen with the options available in the notification bar. Make sure you don't have this notification hidden. 

Screenshot_20230407-183917_System_UI.jpg

tochmi
Zen Master I

Well, after weeks of conversations with my operator (O2/Movistar Spain) and the Official Technical Support Service of Asus in Spain, I have been able to come to the conclusion:

1. Zenfone 9 DOES support VoWiFi and video calling. It is difficult to find clear information about it, but I found it in the information of the first three official updates of the device. They indicate that they activate VoWiFi for the specified operators and countries.
  2. The operator with which you have contracted the telephony and data service must have activated the VoWiFi in YOUR SERVICE (attention, not to be confused with VoLTE, which I also recommend having activated)
  3. If you have activated the VoWiFi service, the phone must be compatible. Zenfone 9 IS compatible, as I explain in point 1.
  4. The operator of the telephony and data service must HAVE CERTIFIED the device, in this case the Zenfone 9 AI2202. In my case O2/Movistar Spain it is not certified and I have to force the menu with *#*#3642623344#*#* for VoWiFi to appear and work. As it is not certified, when I restart the menu I disappear and I have to enter that combination again.

Remember that to see the complete information you have to type *#*#4636#*#*

See my original post and screenshot from friday: https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-9/no-wifi-calls-on-my-zenfone-9/m-p/369082/highlight/true#M4428 

Just got a Asus Zenfone 8 and using Mint Mobile service in USA. Sadly Mint support confirmed they don't support Wifi Calling for this IMEI. They have a link you can check your IMEI to see. https://www.mintmobile.com/features/wifi-calling-text/

When I tried to make a Wifi call the phone says Connect to a wireless network to make a call. I'm already connected to my Wifi network at home though. If anyone else gets it working on Mint Mobile either Zenfone 8 or 9 please let us know. It's nice small phone with 3.5mm headset jack which I prefer over USB-C to 3.5mm adapter on other newer phones. Been using Google Pixel 4a and wifi calling works great but battery life is short.