This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vowifi on zenfone 9 and android 13.

adriandaw
Star III

There are icons available for the status bar, but no actual connection.

Nowadays this is a basic essential. 

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks for this.  It's not the answer I wanted – obviously – but it is finally an answer.

I have a Zenfone 9 and neither of my SIMs are compatible with WiFi calling.

Ey @Mansi_ASUS !

From time to time I reset my ZF9 and re-enter the code to activate VoWiFi. My surprise is that today VoWiFi has connected automatically without entering the code after restarting, also in the options appears a new one for VoWiFi calls through roaming.

Can you confirm if Movistar and O2 (both in Spain) have certified ZF9? And ZF10? This is what I communicate in the forum.

Thanks a lot!

Screenshot_20230814-112655_Settings.jpg

Hey @tochmi,
I'll look into it and get back to you with some information. 

adriandaw
Star III

I've now confirmed that the service providers have to enable the function for each type of handpiece. 

In the UK there is no service that has any Asus on their list of approved handsets. 

I suggest it is up to Asus to negotiate with the networks. In the UK I think there are only four, with sub contracting from there.

Please do it Asus. 

NewAje
Star II

I just called Mint Mobile to ask their reps if they support Wifi Calling on ANY Asus devices and the rep confirmed they do not currently offer this feature for Asus but they are updating their list of phones to offer Wifi calling regularly so hopefully they will support it in the future, before I need it! Guess I will try using the Zenfone and hopefully one day Wifi calling will work. Still annoying that the option does not stay in the call settings after restarting the phone and having to dial *#*#3642623344#*#* for VoWiFi to appear is mildly inconvenient but better than nothing. Maybe Asus will update their OS to keep this feature permanently in the settings by the time Mint Mobile supports it. I love Google Pixels but not without my 3.5mm headset jack they stopped offering after Pixel 4a. Can't have everything all the time I guess!