Did you mean: 

no wifi calls on my zenfone 9

Br4Nk0
Star I

Model Name: ASUS ZenFone 9 256 GB/8GB
Firmware Version:33.0804.2060.113
Rooted or not: device status also not showing
Frequency of Occurrence: Constantly
Wifi calling option not existant, #*#3642623344#*# does nothing but closer the dailer.

I work at mines where wifi is only available and no signal with my carrier.  I have a same Telstra card that worked fine in galaxy a53. 

31 REPLIES 31

Yesterday I spoke with the Asus technical about this and they do not agree if the phone is compatible with this or not. Only one technician seemed interested in solving the problem and recommended me to have data roaming activated for example. The most interesting thing is that mw said to access the hidden menu *#*#4636#*#* here there is a lot of interesting information. There it shows whether or not sd can make video calls and WiFi calls, both I have disable

@Mattias_ASUS Does Zenfone 9 support WiFi calling and video calling?

The last technician I spoke to told me to reset the phone. Like when you have a problem in Windows: format and reinstall. Ridiculous. 

tochmi
Zen Master I

Well, after weeks of conversations with my operator (O2/Movistar Spain) and the Official Technical Support Service of Asus in Spain, I have been able to come to the conclusion:

1. Zenfone 9 DOES support VoWiFi and video calling. It is difficult to find clear information about it, but I found it in the information of the first three official updates of the device. They indicate that they activate VoWiFi for the specified operators and countries.
  2. The operator with which you have contracted the telephony and data service must have activated the VoWiFi in YOUR SERVICE (attention, not to be confused with VoLTE, which I also recommend having activated)
  3. If you have activated the VoWiFi service, the phone must be compatible. Zenfone 9 IS compatible, as I explain in point 1.
  4. The operator of the telephony and data service must HAVE CERTIFIED the device, in this case the Zenfone 9 AI2202. In my case O2/Movistar Spain it is not certified and I have to force the menu with *#*#3642623344#*#* for VoWiFi to appear and work. As it is not certified, when I restart the menu I disappear and I have to enter that combination again.

Remember that to see the complete information you have to type *#*#4636#*#*

Screenshot from now:

Screenshot_20230519-123917_Microsoft_Launcher.jpg

Interesting.  I wonder who I need to talk with to find out if Mint has the ZF9 "certified."

Also wondering if it is actually Mint who I need to talk with, since they are just an MVNO for T-Mobile.

I have the VoWiFi Status Bar Icon enabled, but have never seen it on my ZF9, no matter what I have tried, including all the rigamarole above.

First, check that your provider has VoWi-Fi enabled on your line.

Then you should activate it with the code *#*#3642623344#*#*

@tochmi wrote:

First, check that your provider has VoWi-Fi enabled on your line.

This was exactly my question...

"Also wondering if it is actually Mint who I need to talk with, since they are just an MVNO for T-Mobile."